UCS Central enables global management of many Cisco UCS domains, making staff more efficient and effective. It gives administrators a high-level view and management of all their UCS domains and the ability to logically group domains for ease of control.
● Centralized Inventory of all Cisco UCS components for a definitive view of the entire infrastructure and simplified integration with current Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes
● Centralized, policy-based firmware upgrades that can be applied globally or selectively through automated schedules or as business workloads demand
● Global ID pooling to eliminate identifier conflicts
● Global administrative policies that enable both global and local management of the Cisco UCS domains
● An XML API, building on the Cisco UCS Manager XML API for easy integration into higher-level data center management frameworks